Monday 9 March 2009

Ansmann Energy 8 PLUS Battery Charger

I seem to use up batteries at a incredible rate. The kids leave toys on and my cycling during the winter months means that power is high demand. So I decided to invest in a decent charger and some good batteries. I was going to go for some uniross batteries and chargers, as they quite often win tests etc (gadget show for example) but I couldn't find a charger that did more than just AA rechargables or AAA rechargables. Ansmann also does quite well in tests and then I spotted the Energy 8 plus charger. It does all batteries from AAA to D Cell. It has a fairly easy operation with the charger either refreshing a battery, recharging it, trickle charge (when it gets to full) and error mode. I have been please with the performance of the 5000 mAh D cells which took a few charges and discharges to get good performance, as was expected. The 2700 mAh AA'a are still going on their first charge in various toys, so no complaints there.








I purchased the charger and batteries from Tantronics UK. What great service I received. I placed the order at 10:30 on the 4th Feb and it was dispatched on 5th with delivery on Monday 9th. I had a problem with 2 of the D Cells, one errored all the time and the other rattled. After a few emails a new pair arrived with a SAE for the 2 faulty ones. Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment